Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Remarkable Time of Year

October is easily my favorite time of year, with so many beautiful memories of life growing up. All it takes is the leaves to start changing and I get all starry eyed and sentimental. I adore raking leaves and the feel of crisp mornings. It never feels like work and genuinely takes me back to when I was a kid. Feeling the same feelings I did when I was 15 and always bringing a smile to my face.

It's funny, but cool October mornings always cause the song "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" by The Police to pop into my, playing repeatedly and causing "goofy grin" syndrome. I'd love to tell you why, but that's a story for another day.;o)

What sorts of memories does it bring back to you? Your first kiss, a hayride or going door-to-door for candy? I still can see myself in my Snow White costume when I was no more than six and going our trick or treating with my dad and brother. Even now I giggle.

Take this weekend and get out and enjoy the magic of the season. Kick up some leaves and remember being a kid. You'll never regret it...

You really can be a kid, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment